We are going to start a new weekly post authored by full-time MIM student, Luke Hudson. Luke will be posting articles from the week that are relevant to the MIM program, international business, economics, Asian foreign relations and pop culture.
- From The Economist – Interesting article about China’s shifting demographics. For the first time in decades, China’s working age population has fallen.
- From The Oregonian – Beaverton based Nike has recently launched its Nike+Accelerator program to attract developers to create new gadgets and services for their products.
- From The Diplomat – A speculation on the future of the ASEAN economies as they begin to rely less on exports to the weakened United States and European Union.
- From The Guardian - Japan has released yet another stimulus package! This is their third package since 2009 and the first of Shinzo Abe’s second stint as prime minister.
- From the BBC – The Philippines announced they will challenge China’s South China Sea territorial claims at a United Nations tribunal.
Lucas Hudson is a full-time student in the Masters of International Management program. He received a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Spanish from the University of Oregon. During his studies, he lived in Valdivia, Chile, studying Spanish language and Latin American history. After graduation, Luke has spent his time traveling extensively throughout South America and working as a banker and accountant for local Portland businesses. He is interested in using his business experience and language skills to find a career that will allow him build relations between Latin America and the Asia-Pacific.