One of the keys to success in interviewing for a job is your first impression. Here are some tips for your review before going for a job interview:
- Keep yourself fit. This does not mean your physical shape. Your energy level must be in a good shape such as if you look tired, it could lead to bad impression.
- Timing. Few things give a worse impression than showing up late for an important meeting. Allow yourself plenty of time to get to the interview in case you have trouble finding the office.
- Send Clear signals. Your appearance immediately communicates to other people. You should look neat and presentable as well as dress appropriately for the job you are interviewing
- Greeting. The first handshake is a key part in giving a good first impression.
- Good use of body language. Make sure your body language during the interview projects a professional image such as eye contact, facial expression, and posture.
- Thank you. Always send a thank you note not just for good manner but to get the job.