We are getting close to graduation in about 4 months and it is time to look for a job. There is an easy way to start build your networking from home! LinkedIn is a great tool to start networking among your peers. Here are 6 ways to increase the value of LinkedIn:
- Increase your visibility. By adding connections, you increase the chance people will see your profile first when they are searching for someone to hire. It is a place where you can make a showcase for all your volunteer, projects, and internship you have done.
- Improve your connection. You should be constantly adding and accepting connections from people you know professionally or personally. However, it is not good to add everyone unless you actually know him or her to keep it professional.
- Complete your profile. By just having an account does not do you any good favors.
- Recommendation. You can get recommendations from anyone in your connections through this tool not just your employers.
- Research your potential employer. This could help your interview go smoother because you can find out more about your future employer and possible the interviewer as well.
- Stay update and tune. Even though you are not looking for a job now, you may be in one day. By just reviving a profile would not do you any good, it is better to stay connect and constantly update. You may find a better job even you’re not looking for one.